BEFORE THE BIRTH
- • Please let your doctor/midwife know that I will be there.
• You are always welcome to call or text me anytime. Even if it's just to ask a question you've been thinking about.
•Every month, I'll send you a fun email that has random trivia, answers to Frequently Asked Questions and ideas of what of what to do with your pictures once the baby is here.
• When you start to notice activity, like Braxton Hicks, please feel free to text me (269-756-7565) to let me know. You cannot ever bother me & I love celebrating these milestones with you! It also helps me to know when I need to start tying up loose ends in my every day life so that when I get the call that the baby is coming - I'm ready!
• I'm "on-call" for you the last two weeks before your due date. If you have the baby before 2 weeks, I will wrap up what I'm doing when I get the call and I will be there. Being on call just means that I'm actively waiting - my batteries are fully charged, bags are fully packed, and waiting they're waiting by the door for me to grab and go!
• CALL or TEXT me (269-756-7565) when you are headed to your birthing location (or, for home births, when you're ready for me to arrive to start capturing the story).
• CALL or TEXT me (269-756-7565) when you've been admitted into the birthing location. For hospitals, I've noticed that it's unusual for them to send you home once they've admitted you. But sometimes you'll first arrive and they'll put you in triage for several hours, watching to see if you're actually in labor.
• In a hospital setting, I am not allowed to take pictures of procedures. This includes things like crowing shots & receiving epidurals. I do my best to take a picture that isn't of the procedure, but allows you to visually know that that's what's happening. It might be your feet dangling off the edge of the bed. Or a silhouette of the doctor performing the epidural preparing their instruments.
AFTER THE BIRTH
- • I will stay for 2 hours after the baby is born. The first hour, you and the baby are usually having skin to skin time. The second hour is usually filled with measuring the baby, weighing the baby, having a first bath, etc. This is also when Dad usually will hold the baby for the first time. If we know that grandparents or siblings are on their way, I am very happy to stay and photograph them meeting for the first time.
• It will take about 4 weeks for me to fully prepare all of your images. As soon as they are ready, I will send you an email and it will direct you toward my booking calendar where you can schedule a time for us to get together for you to see your images for the first time. This is also the time when you'll have a chance to see my favorite physical products that are available and order your own. This time usually happens in your home, but should you prefer another location, just let me know.
We pride ourselves on the best services available and have policies in place to ensure a seamless process. Please take note of the following policies in place to serve you better:
• No camera/cell phones are allowed at sessions, or at photo order sessions
• Births, by nature, are unpredictable. In the unlikely event that the actual birth of the baby is missed, no refund will be given. Instead, the photographer will still arrive at the birthing location as soon as possible and will stay for up to two hours. The photographer will also be willing to coordinate siblings and family meeting the baby for the first time.
• In case of severe weather or illness (at the photographer's discretion), the studio reserves the right to maintain their safety and the safety of those around them. Should a birth be missed due to severe weather or illness, the photographer will schedule a Fresh48 session at the birthing location (or home should a family have already left the birthing location) + offer photography sessions throughout the baby's first year up to the value of Birth Photography or a refund without the forfeited retainer.
• Pricing at the time of booking is honored for one month after the viewing of the images has occurred, otherwise, prices are subject to change without notice
• Printing, copying, downloading, or scanning photos without written consent is strictly prohibited. Even though the pictures may be of you and your family the photographer still owns the copyright to the image. Please review the copyright legalese provided. If the "Gift-Print-Size" digitals are purchased, this allows for prints up to 4x6 size due to the lower quality of the digital image & allows for sharing on social media. If Hi-Res digitals are purchased, any print size is allowed up to the quality allowed by the chosen lab.
ORDERING YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS
All orders for prints, frames albums, and other products will be paid in full at the order session we’ll conduct approximately 1-2 weeks after your event. Our studio accepts cash, checks, and credit card payments.
The reason products need to be paid in full at the time of ordering is because there is a cost with the labs to create them. Current pricing at the time of booking is honored for one month after sessions occur.
However, purchased images are archived for one year from the session date. All unordered images are purged from our data storage within 2 weeks of the ordering session due to limited storage capacity. Payment plans are available for digital images. Images are delivered once payment is received in full.